Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Killer - Better Judged By Twelve than Carried By Six (Organized Crime Records)

Reviewed by Mark Oster

Right now I'm fantasizing about someone purchasing this album thinking it's the current hype machine flavor of the month, "The Killers". I would love to see that buyer's reaction. But this is The Killer, singular, and they are here to play some dark tinged metal. I'm not the biggest metal fan in the world, but The Killer's impressive command of dynamic and, particularly, tempo are enough to get my attention. The five piece boosts a rhythm intensive sound serving as a back drop to the hoarse throated bark-growl of the vocalist. Precision drumming and a heavy barrage of D-tuned guitar chords (very light on the lead) makes it difficult to avoid throwing yourself into the nearest object let alone involuntarily nodding along. Not something I would buy on my own, but this album would make a metal fan VERY happy.

Originally posted in Issue 1.2, September/October 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home